My first Blog!




Ok not really sure with these things how to go about them but after seeing fellow youtuber 'Scribbletunes' creating her blog page I thought it would be a fun thing to do and would also give a few people an insight that would like to know abit more about me.

I promise to try keep this updated as regularly as possible plus with starting my second year in University I have to keep some form of diary/blog/log of my thoughts throughout the year, so for those interested there may well be a handful of boring stuff being thrown on here hehe.

current situation at the moment is I have just finished a Coldplay Cover 'Politik' which I aim to upload in the very near future and also I'm in the middle of writing an original song (yes I know it only takes me every 6months to write lol) with Mike aka 'Doctor Castille'.

Its a very weird scenario for me to be writing songs as half the time I really feel as I'm totally useless that creating a idea for a song and I end up drifting off into either a Beatles, Oasis or Coldplay tune ( I know bad habit eh?) so in this case im grateful I have Mike to lean towards as were at the point now we can throw ideas at each other without that feeling of insecurity as such.

besides that im currently also still waiting to start Uni which resumes on 7th October but I have to have a brief of the year ahead on the 29th September of which I already have found out we have to record a Orchestra in a village hall on the 9th October..... Yikes!

so in preparation I will aim to find my way into college to find out the nitty gritty details so im better prepped for the event.

well first Blog...... I really didn't know how I should present this and I really hope that this didn't come across as blabber and hope you all have a good day :)

Clint

4 comments:

herbiesnerd said...

Well Clint I just had to take advantage of being your first comment on your new blog. YouTube has been an amazing community where I have made some good friends and have become a huge fan of many people.

My core connection, although I don't produce like the 4 of you, is DoctorCastille (Mike), SullyRock (Matt) & FredtheJunkman (Dave) and of course you my friend.

I don't frequent YouTube as often as I used to, shy of being addictive, but I still take a look at least once a day. The first thing I always look for is to see if one of you 4 bastards has posted a new video.

You have a gifted voice and after watching your very cool father lay down some awesome guitar, I can see where you get your musical talent from. Having an advocate like Babs is priceless too!

Good luck with your new blog! I have many songs I am getting ready to power out and start recording. I plan on getting my kids involved too. My boy is getting pretty good on the keyboards at 10 years old so I want to get him in there whenever I need some keyboards.

Well, wish me luck. After a long drawn out 3 year process, I go to divorce court tomorrow for what I hope is my final appearance and then its OVER, finally! Its a good thing at this point, for all of us so I'm looking forward to moving on.

Take care my friend!

Randy (HerbieSnerd)

Trivial footnote: Herbie Snerd was a joke name I used to write on my gym clothes back in high school! I had a lot of people fooled that it was my real name, so I played along with it just for the fun of it all!

DoctorCastille said...

Arrrgh - That Snerd fellow beat me to the punch. Well, ofc I gotta follow your blog mate. Now you are obligated to follow mine too. And that goes for you as well, Randy !!

ScribbleTunes said...

Dear Clint!
First of all, thanks so much for commenting on my blog and sharing your insights! I think blogging is a cool way to get in contact with fellow YouTubers and other music fans.
Your covers are pretty fantastic, it must take so much work to play all the instruments all by yourself. I just listened to "Politik", your voice is so right on!
Your university studies seem very interesting and very in line with your dreams. Good luck with it, and do keep in touch!
Lene

Clint Hollinson said...

Well thank you Lene and good to hear from you, I've being admiring your Covers/Originals for sometime now and its great to see you go that step further and contemplate making a go of things (which I sincerely hope you do)

and thanks for the props with the covers I do im pretty much stuck in the same boat as you and found lack of musicianship in my area were I live is lacking alot, im just grateful for the internet which allows me to be inspired by Musicians such as yourself and perform from time to time :)

take care Lene and I eagerly await your next blog :)

Clint

Post a Comment