Yeh its Friday!


ok my favourite time of the week has arrived and I'm planning on having a few glasses of red wine or similar to celebrate Keiley's (my Fiancee) week in college....again, mind I think its always good to celebrate things even if it is a mere excuse to get abit merry off the ole loopy juice ;-)

ok update with the music front is... myself and Mike have pretty much finished the track we were working on and the guy is a gem he came up with some wonderful touches in the song which included getting ideas from the demo's I sent to him were he played them in sync together and found some interesting crossover harmonies and guitar work which just seemed to work and he also added some subtle harmonies which sit nicely within the mix.

University side of things hasn't changed much.... still waiting to start, and I really should get my butt in gear and write some logs and journals of my 'Work Based Learning' outcomes when I spent some time in the recording studio over the summer.

The basic Idea of WBL is that I spend a minimum of 30hrs of the 2 years im studying experiencing practical hands on work to put towards a module/unit of my degree and also to give me an insight of what it is like to work within a professional environment and also within that I will be able to build up a portfolio as evidence of my WBL, I've just been extremely lazy over the summer spending time with Keils and the kids and basically taking things easy, but its kind of crucial that I start getting my head in gear and focus on the year ahead as I feel it will be quite a tough one and as with my first year the coursework load isn't very forgiving if you slack abit.

also updates with the concert recording I'm going to be testing out the Alesis mixer/interface over the weekend to make sure its fully functional and will cover the requirements for us on the 9th October, checklist would include making sure the macbook has the required drivers to run the interface and it is full compatible with either Pro Tools or Logic 9.

ok so theres my little text crit to you guys for this sunny friday, again apologies if what you read is pure blabber and makes no sense, I tend to write as I think and feel its possibly one of the best ways to express myself.

have a good weekend people :)

-Clint

0 comments:

Post a Comment